MEET THE MAKER
My name is Shayna and I am the founder of Barkwear By Berlin. I'm also a one woman show which means everything is hand crafted and run by me. Although Berlin is typically laying by my feet while I complete your orders, she's not much help lol.
I started this small business as a creative outlet while in school. I first studied animal bioscience and have recently switched majors to environmental science with a focus area in conservation and biodiversity. Although this transition was one of the most terrifying decisions i’ve ever made, it was the best decision. I have mo doubt that this is exactly where I am meant to be.
Through this small business I have loved meeting so many amazing people, expanding my skill set, learning time management and of course, creating gear for your beloved furry family members.
When i'm not doing something business related, or studying for my next test, you can find Berlin and I keeping busy. Whether it be bonding through rally obedience, decompressing on the couch, exploding new trails, and everything in between!
As you can tell from the photos below, most of our free time is spent by the water. I have always loved spending time in or around the water so I got lucky that Berlin is just as much of a water freak as myself!
The following are some of mine and Berlins favourite things :)
- Biggest stick lover EVER. She opts for the logs that are used for the wood stove when she can.
- Definitely part fish. She could spend hours on end swimming and playing fetch.
- She LOVES people and any kind of affection. If you give her lovings, you are automatically her new BFF.
- Kayaking, canoeing and boating are my all time favourite things to do in the summer.
- I’m at my happiest when it’s just me, Berlin, and the trail ahead.
- I love to bake birthday cakes for friends and family.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know us a little better!